Monday 16 March 2015

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING, HU HU

Exactly 4 months after Leftie & I arrived at Camping El Pino in Torrox, Andalucia. We are off to pastures new. As I haven't driven for the whole time we have been here, I decided it might be a worthwhile exercise to have a little trip out in Leftie to fill up with diesel & LPG. My good friend Graham came with me as I haven't encountered the Spanish gas fill pump before. All went well apart from discovering a small leak in Lefties radiator. Help was however on hand and on our return  Peter produced a can of Radweld which was dutifully added the cooling system. Hopefully it seems to have sealed the leak but I have only driven 100 miles so will need to keep a close eye on the temperature gauge. I left Torrox with mixed emotions. I have met so many wonderful people who have helped, befriended & adopted me since I arrived it 's hard to drive away but one by one we are all leaving for different reasons & destinations the great thing is we are all  planning to meet up again in November. The Journey here to Pueblo Blanco camping was not alas uneventful & I have to tell that Due to Sat Navs stupidity Leftie has sustained his first Battle scar. Having reached the town of Campillos, she told me to turn left. Having done so I was aware that I was going down a quite a narrow road with not much space for two cars to pass. Sue realizing her mistake suggested I turn around when possible. Unfortunately possible was NOT possible. her next suggestion was to turn right at the next road. Not an option either as the road in Question was no wider than Leftie. Using expletives of an dubious nature I proceeded to head into the center of town. I reached a junction which looked like it might be a way out, so I turned onto said road, only to find half way up someone had erected scaffolding wider the the pavement. with traffic behind and sweaty palms I tried to gauge the width of the gap & proceeded inch by inch past the scaffolding to my left & the line of cars to my right. I have to tell you reader it was my second worst moment driving Leftie so far. My actual worst was still to come ! I kid you not you would have been hard put to fit a cigarette packet either side of the van & and you certainly wouldn't have got a bus ticket between the cheeks of my arse......... Mission finally and mercifully accomplished I continued down the next street when Leftie said ENOUGH & decided to do battle with a particularly thoughtless driver who had parked way too far out into the very narrow street wing mirrors out.  He now only has one wing mirror. I do feel bad but I speak no Spanish couldn't stop and Leftie  has a battle scar. I really must start an appeal  to all my readers for financial support in buying a sat nav that actually knows how big I am. Unfortunately my WiFi connection s not good enough to upload the photos I took today on arrival at the site but I will post them as soon as I can. It's been a hard day so Iv'e just poured myself a small large whisky. the its off to bed. The nearby village of Olvera High in the hills for a one night stand.


I'm guessing this a church or Fort it overlooks the village.
 Lefties battle scar. looks like he's had a tattoo.



1 comment:

  1. PMSL I know I shouldn't but sitting here in the snow and cold while you basked in the sunshine I needed a laugh :) Glad it all came right though

    ReplyDelete