Tuesday 17 March 2015

GET OFF YOUR HORSE & DRINK YER MILK

Well after a good nights sleep the the stress of yesterday has faded away. Today saw a drive of 136 miles to the unusual town of El Riocio a recommended stop off on my way to Portugal. I'd been told it was cowboy town with dirt streets & hitching posts out side the houses. It was just that but what I hadn't expected was the was the scale of it, it's not just a few streets it's a whole town with horses & some fantastic buildings & churches :-







Alas the rest of the photos I took can't be retrieved from the SD card which seems to have been corrupted. This is only the church but it was like walking onto the set of a spaghetti western so i will return on my next trip south. Tomorrow I'm heading  north to the town of Caceres a  Unesco world heritage site with a history of three cultures. Muslim, Jewish  Christian.



No comments:

Post a Comment