Sunday 28 December 2014

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT

Well lights actually, I went on a coach trip to Malaga to see the Christmas lights but I wasn't the most popular person on the bus. I was told it set off at 6.30 when in fact the correct time was 6.00. I did arrive 15 mins early but it turned out to be 15 Mins late & as I reached the pick up point the bus drove past me. fortunately someone saw me & stopped the bus. I got on to a slow hand clap & shouts of " get a new watch" the journey took an hour & on arrival the organizer announced the bus would pick us up at 10.45 instead of 10.30 due to the unforeseen delay, which received applause. What is wrong with these people ! that said the evening was a good one. I had gone with new found friends we walked along the seafront past a market of at least 50 artisans selling all manor of food, trinkets, gifts & fireworks which where let of seconds later behind the stalls. no rockets just bangers, very loud bangers. Then we turned off the front onto a wide thoroughfare filled with thousands of Malagans & tourists, the lights & sights were impressive as you will shortly see. Our first port of call however was a bar that Martyn a member of our party had visited last year. One entire wall was taken up with barrels of Sherry's from around the region, some very sweet some very dry & some drinkable. as you worked your way though as many as you wanted the price of each round was marked in chalk on the wooden bar in front of you. when you were ready to leave the barman totted up the amount owing & you paid. We then went in search of food as it was about 9 pm quite early by Spanish standards but it meant we got a table without hassle. We found a nice restaurant advertising tapas, seven different ones for 9 euros. enjoy the photos ;-








No comments:

Post a Comment