Saturday 3 May 2014

TOP OF THE WORLD ( ISH )

Having crossed to Durness, I decided to carry on as the day was still young. I arrived in the village of Scourie around 5pm and booked into a campsite for the night. there where only 4 other vans on site and before long I ended up talking to a German guy Called Frank. He is 39 and on a voyage of discovery. I'm guessing It's quite young to be having a mid life crisis, but having given up his job, dying his hair blue, having his bottom lip pierced and buying a beaten up old campervan  thats what it sounded like. The evening was spent listening to his life story and drinking wine!
     As has become the norm the view from Lefties windscreen on the journey across the top of Scotland and down to Scourie were stunning.





                                                                                   
After a late start due to the wine I Bade farewell and good luck to Frank and set off for my next port of call, Ullerpool. Not as I discovered a big place  by any means but it had a cash machine, a supermarket, a fish & chip shop several pubs and free parking on the sea front. I feel my second night free camping coming on. After the best fish & chips outside Whitby,( the only food so far I haven't made myself ) and a pint in the local pub me and Leftie settled down for the night. One thing I hadn't considered was, Ullerpool has a ferry terminal, so through the night big lorries where coming and going past Leftie on their way to and from the ship. Hey Ho. Up with the lark, quick breakfast, trip  to the co-op and off to the Isle of Skye.

No comments:

Post a Comment