Wednesday 23 April 2014

OFF TO THE KINGDOM OF FIFE

Well what a difference 24 hours makes. Gone is the sunshine, gone are the people sitting outside there tents, caravans, & motor homes. No matter I'm moving on as they say. I met a really nice guy on site. Geoff Crowther. turns out he is a travel jounalist. He had lots of tips  and advice about where to go & what you can and can't do. Just before I leave Jedbergh look at this photo I took in the local ironmongers shop.
Where Wally ?
This is just one of 6 isles in Wally's shop!!!


So I'm packed and ready to move on. I decided it was time to try a CS site. That's a site with no facilities other than fresh water and a place to empty your loo but only costs about £5 a night. After driving about 80 miles I arrived at ( or should that be about 2 miles away from) the village of Kinross. Having arrived at the said site / field I saw a notice declaring if I an not here I will collect the money later so I drove onto the field and chose the best pitch, easy when your the only one there. It rained heavily for the best part of an hour and no one turned up to welcome me or ask for any money. The thought of wild camping overnight in this particular location did not appeal, so I hitched my skirts figuratively speaking and drove on the the fair City of Perth where I found a Caravan & Camping club site, on which being a member & having OAP status booked onto for 2 nights at a very reasonable £9.50 a night with all the trimmings. The only fly in the ointment I can see is this site is also 2 miles from civilization ,but the upside is Look how much exercise I'll get walking in tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes on your travels Bob. We have a few Hummer owners at the Talbot Owners Club. Covers Talbot, Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat based vehicles. Good for support and free to join. Rob

    ReplyDelete