Sunday 14 June 2015

GIRVAN THE CHOICE

My trip into Ayr turned out to be a short one. A town on the East cost of Scotland with little appeal. Got off the bus walked round for an hour then back on the bus. Old fashioned Bus station with a Guy controlling the arrivals & departures by blowing his whistle. Seem to remember that back in the late Fifty's  Talk about on the buses  





As I walked round the town I was looking for a Butchers to buy some local sausage. It was my way back to the bus station after searching in vain I spotted on down a back street. I told them I was surprised to find only one butcher in the town & the Lady who served me said with a straight face once there where two, but then one shut down. Too much competition I expect. I didn't have the heart to tell her about Barnsley market The only saving grace I found whilst waiting for the bus back was the excellent use of a church.


J D Wetherspoon's from the outside

And from the inside perhaps you can listen to a sermon on the evils of drink while you have a drink.

Can't wait for this new Cafe to open


Follow us on Facebook !!!!! I'd rather eat me own leg


Sorry Ayr but your a bit of a DIVE



Girvan on the other hand was a very pleasent little place with a working harbor, along with TWO butchers. Alas I forgot to take my camera so will leaveyou wondering. 
Rain and Midges today so off to make some Scones.





No comments:

Post a Comment