Wednesday 15 April 2015

A PLACE OFHISORY & DREAMS

After a long drive I arrived at my next stop, the City of Salamanca. It was late afternoon when I arrived at the site. so I decided to stay two nights so I could take the bus into the city the next morning.The day dawned and became a lovely day with clear blue sky. After breakfast I walked along the road to the bus stop and immediately found myself in a dilemma. Which side of the road do I stand for the bus into town ? my Portuguese is none existent not that there was any body to ask. After 20 mins a bus arrives doors open, three people get off. The bus driver looks at me so I stammer the one word of Portuguese I know, SALAMANCA ?? Good call right side of the road. Twenty five mins later I was stood on the edge of the old town, a world heritage centre, and for good reason:-


I returned to cafe for lunch. guy tood opposite playing a violin, a moment that will stay with me













Where all the people live. a whole ring around the City of hi rise but the old town is untouched 







1 comment:

  1. Hello Bob. Good to hear you're still enjoying your touring. Lovely pictures - I really do envy you

    ReplyDelete