Monday 30 March 2015

IT'S ME & TO PROVE IT I'M HERE

I have arrived in Miranda do Corvo. I am waiting to be met by Sara & Neil for the ten min drive to there homestead as I'm told there are width issues if I go through the village the wrong way & we all know that's exactly what Sue the sat nav likes to do.
 Made it with a foot to spare either side. As I'm here for nine days I will write although wont be able to publish the blog on a daily basis. There are two main buildings with several outbuildings on approximately 2 acres of land. there are olive trees, grape vines, fruit trees, assorted vegetables, sometimes donkey's three cats two dogs one of which is proper psycho,  the odd snake, deer and wild boar. I think that's set the scene here's a photo to help

 
Olives below. Grapes top left Fruit trees & veg Spread about.

They are hoping  the house in the center will be a holiday let & the house above to the right will be their home. Its very beautiful, the silence is deafening unless someone arrives at which point Katie goes into a frenzy 

The beauty of being in Leftie means  I don't have to put upon people for anything other than water, although electric is always a bonus. Don't get me wrong I appreciate peoples  hospitality and  spend many hours in their company but I have my own space & so do they  which I think is a recipe for a successful visit. I once read visitors are like fish they go off after three day

   The abundance of food because, a particular crop rip-pens all once means that some people don't harvest it all.


I'm sure that will never be the case at Casa Walker. This would become  fresh Orange or even  Marmalade.

As it happens to be my birthday today I;m being taken out for a meal something Portuguese ? No plenty of time for that.  Tonight its T Bone steaks all round.









No comments:

Post a Comment