Tuesday 11 November 2014

Where is McDonalds when you need it

Not to eat there!!! Just use the free Wi Fi. Your driving along listening to Sue the sat nav then you see a sign for a McDonalds near a roundabout announcing there's one 10 mins away if you turn right at the round about. So you incurre Sue's Roth by turning right. She immediately tells you to " turn round when possible " but you ignore her at the promise of free Wi Fi so you can update your blog to the reader who is waiting with baited breath to hear tails of your progress en route to the sun. You follow the directions only to find the McDonalds in question is on a motorway going to the other way that you have to pay to use & because Sue is obliged under pain of death not to send me on paid roads, refuses to give directions to. So here I am in the town of Cognac famous  the world over for Brandy, which if like me you didn't know is made from grapes! There are most of the great names in Brandy in town & they all do free tours of their distilleries. Unfortunately on arriving at the Aire near the centre of town I was alarmed to see several downbeat shabby vans obviously overstaying the 48 hour max allowed. I'm not judgemental but a Ford transit with two adults three kids & 4 dogs running free  occupying the Aire sounded alarm bells. I have been advised my several fellow travellers, if you don't like the look/feel of a place, move on so that's what I have done. Only 20 mins away but it feels safe & that's important. PS it  also has free electricity but alas not Wi Fi so I'm sending this via the phone. Oh look at the time it's Wine o'clock. Cheers all

No comments:

Post a Comment