Wednesday 26 November 2014

BEWARE, BEWARE ,THE PRICKLY PEAR


They grow by the roadside in great abundance and at arms length from the path. There Paw Paws otherwise known as prickly pears. DO NOT pick them without donning gardening gloves, their lethal. Covered in very fine hairs that stick into your hands. They're a bugger to get out & itch. If you shoul come across them in your day to day life in the Shires do try one there delicious. Cut them in half then spoon out the flesh which is the colour of claret just don't mess with the skin. Another Miandering on my walk up the hill back to camp is about  goat contraception. There are along the road a small herd of goats occupies a small field at the edge of area of  olive groves. I noticed that one of the larger goats had belt around its middle, curious I stopped to watch a while & realized this was "Billy" goat. Being the male & having lots of females to tend too he would walk up behind his chosen lady & attempt to mount her. Now here comes the clever part as he went up un his back legs a leather apron fixed to the underside if the belt dropped with the force of gravity covering his goad hood preventing from taking advantage! Simple.on my arrivals back to the campsite I was greeted by two of my fellow travellers with " Thank God your OK we were worried about your, nobodies seen you since Sunday night.we thought you might have had an accident or worse". Had told one couple I would be away overnight but the others where genuinely concerned! I'm very humbled that people I've known less than a week would be looking out for me. I promised to leave word next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment