Wednesday 6 August 2014

IN FOR A DUCK

We'll I've spent 5 nights in the lovely town of Eymet & it's nearly time to move on, just one more story to tell. I decided, as I seem to be £2 a day under budget !!          ( counted everything twice ) that I would dine out this evening as there's a night market in the town square. Alas it was so busy I decided not to que for ages to get Moules frites for 10 Euros & so went back to the campsite & spent the evening with the lovely Carl & Cathy. They have been retired for 14 years, because like me, you never know what life has in store. They travel often, They told me about two tragic family events they have had in the last two years and are still trying to come to terms with.  Then they told how much they admire me for what I'm  doing the truth is thanks to whoever looks after me I think I've had a blessed life and realise how great full  I am  to have the opportunity to travel around & meet such genuine kind people. 
 Well it's now Wednesday morning & I've Just driven 90 miles to another spectacular town called Branthome. The Aire holds 100 motorhomes & is
400 metres from the town centre. The town itself is an Island reached by crossing bridges ;-





There are about 50 vans here at present but no other British plates so have just had a conversation in Franglaise to find out how you pay the 4 Euros a day & who too. Bit of a thunderstorm brewing up so have legged it back to Leftie to write this. Blog title is cause I've just bought a duck breast for tea, can't be eating out at French prices  More tomorrow .



No comments:

Post a Comment