Friday 25 July 2014

KEEPING ME HAND ON ME BOULES

I awoke this morning to  a sultry oppresiive day. I had decided yesterday it was time to move on, my new English chums were also heading off 
Here they are with one of their 4 dogs doing the the departure check list. They were away first as my next Aire is only 80 miles away & I wanted to arrive about 2pm and Sue said it was 2 & a half hours away. So a nice steady drive keeping an eye on the sky. Arriving at the Aire which is free,  I decided not to stay as it was isolated and no other motorhomes, not a great combination. Checking the book I found another Aire 22 miles away so decided to drive to that one, As I started Lefties engine the first big raindrop hit the windscreen  soon to be followed by steady, then heavy rain & finally hailstones as big as well hailstones. That was shortly followed by GOD trying out his new camera & flashgun. This lasted the entire journey to my present location at the back of the Marie, in what looks like a delightful village. But as the rain & thunder & lighting haven't stoped. You like me will have wait & see. Did a short video but can only post that on Facebook . Here's a picture I took waiting in traffic. :-

Realised as I parked up & just before I chose the best place to park, the biggest Foux Par ( that might not be spelt right ) of my trip so far, that the nice flat area I thought was for parking was in fact the Boules pitch or whatever they call the  area they play on .  Sooooo  glad I moved as It's now 8.50pm & 15 + cars have arrived to play boules....... I would have been linched if I'd parked there. Unless it's dogging in which case I'm in even more serious trouble. Mother said there would be days like this !

No it's definitely boules. Had the local  neds round earlier ( first time ) riding round on noisy  little motorbikes showing off but they seem to have gone now.
It's Deffo serious 


2 comments: