Saturday 12 July 2014

CARNAC & THE STANDING STONES

I'm afraid the standing stones Will have to stand a little longer until I wend my way back up North. I arrived to find the Aire & surrounding camp sites to be so full you had to open your door in turn, also the roads which have been so quite & driveable since I arrived had become the M1 on a Friday night. Why ?? I'll tell you why. This weekend is one of the biggest holiday weekends in the French year. Monday is the 14th of July!!! Bastille day which is why you can't park within 20 miles of the coast, that's why I am parked up at the local sports club 20 miles inland Bobbie no mates :-

News on the water pump.... I spoke to a French lady who has returned after living for 15 years in the USA. She had a camping sales / spares book which as a replacement pump and an address only 20 mins away from my present sleeping place. But they will now be closed until Tuesday. God I'm going to smell by Tuesday. Don't know said lady's name but have invited her round for tea. 
Said lady's name is Maria and we had the rest of the sausage casserole from last nigh in Leffo  

Recipe:-
1kg assorted sausage
3tbls olive oil  
1 large onion fine dice 
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 can tomatoes
1can beans 
1can cooked lentils
3 beef stock cubes
1/2 bottle red wine
150ml water
S&P

Hear 1tbls oil & fry onions & garlic until soft add tomatoes. At the same time chop the sausages into 50mm pieces and fry in the rest of the oil to give some colour and texture. When onions are soft add red wine, stock cubes, & 150 ml of water ,S & P. Bring to the boil and add sausages then simmer for 15ins. Add beans & or lentils, cook to heat through & serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment