Monday 7 July 2014

AND INTO NORMANDY

This blog is out of sequence as I had no Wi Fi at the time of writing but thick it deserves posting We'll I've just arrived at my third aire in the little town of Nonancourt in Normandy. It's taken an hour &1/2 to drive here from Mers Les Bains in Northern France don't know why they call it Northern France as Normady is on the north coast I spent the last two days at Mer Les Bains but it rained up until last night so didn't do much. Walked into town this morning to find town square turned into a market.


The architecture of the place is totally random as these photos show.


                                    Any colour you like as long as it's White


The Aire was OK 5 out of 10. Fifteen min walk into town ( good exercise ) the Aire cost 6 euros for 24 hours with free electricity from 8pm to 6am & had a fresh water / waste water. Point for 2 euros, that seems to be the norm.

Off to my next Aire now in Montville. Sue the sat nav got me here but decided she'd have a laugh & took me down some very narrow roads, through the woods at one point but I held my nerve and the stearing wheel very tightly. Thought she'd screwed up on arrival as she took me into a church car park ! But sure enough the Aire is behind the church. Off to  explore the town now, this Aire has no electricity but is free & has FREE Wi Fi. Will report back later. The town turned out to be a village not even worth a photo. Hey Ho






1 comment:

  1. No sugar in my coffee Bobby and can you warm the croissants as well please. I'll be there in a jiffy........no sarky comments about the padding either if you don't mind. Glad you are exploring and look forward to next instalment. xxx

    ReplyDelete