Monday 7 July 2014

ALL I NEED IS THE AIRE THAT I BREATH

We'll I've made it to my first aire, and it's FREE. In saying that there are no services, as in water or ltoilets, never mind I went to the loo yesterday and shouldn't need a shower till next week. Only joking as Leftie has both. The boat docked at 3 this morning and plan A was to roll off the boat and park up at the port but it didn't work out that way. There is no left or right just straight on which means within seconds your at a roundabout which whisks you onto dual carriageway and away from the port area, so plan B came into play. I drove round downtown Calais for a while trying to find a car park to no avail so in the end I thought sod it and parked up at the roadside in an industrial area, setting the alarm for 6.30 to be away before I could be in the way. Satnav worked like a dream and brought me directly to the aire. The only hic up occurred when I stopprd for diesel at a supermarket was closed but has pumps that are self service via debit cards. The instructions were in French of course and I managed to press the screen instead of the keypad which was set for petrol not diesel!!! Another motorist came to my rescue and all was Well. As I walked into town in search of shops I passed two very impressive horses, not unusual you say but this was followed by three pot bellied pigs, two lamas, a camel and a buffalo. You've guessed it or maybe you haven't ! The circus is in town and grazing the animals on the village green.  

2 comments: