Thursday 8 May 2014

OBAN & SHUT

I spent two nights in Dornie. Why ? Because I can !! and If I stay longer than a day on a site it brings down the overall cost of the trip as I don't use fuel or need to shop and only have to pay for the pitch an average of £12 a night. That said I'm moving on today, travelling down to Oban. Turns out that the Caravan & Camping club site in Oban as nice a site as it, is 12 Miles north of Oban and a bit isolated.
So I travelled by bus to Oban which  only cost £4.50 return The weather was against me however and to be honest after an hour of walking round the one main street and harbour I got the bus back. I didn't even feel the need to record the event with more than one photograph:-
Is that the football stadium at the top?


The day after I called in at Fort William. Hurray there was an Aldi and the car park is £1.50 all day but no overnight parking The recession has not left the town untouched though & I reckon 10% of the shops were empty and I i saw My fist Big Issue seller just down the road from a guy busking in the underpass :-

Down town Fort William

The obligatory boat trip
Look what washed up at low


No comments:

Post a Comment