Sunday 16 November 2014

BACK TO TUE FUTURE

This post and the next are out of order as I havn't had Wi Fi for the laptop until my arrival yesterday Well I've arrived in Calais without incident. Driven past tent city which is quite large but no one took any interest in Leftie or tried to climb aboard. They may be desperate, but there not stupid and don't want to go south with me. Leftie seems fine apart from the small matter of when the engine is running the reversing light is on irrespective of what gear I'm in and even when in neutral. The quick fix was to take out the bulb but it's something else that needs sorting. On my way to my chosen Aire in the lovely little village of Montville. I passed the unfortunately named village of( Pissy Pouville ) Couldn't decide if it was where all the people with no money lived or the where all the alcoholics hung out. It's my third visit to Montville as it's about 2 ½ hours drive from Calais and has free Wi Fi . After an early night, it was on to Leffo to meet up with cousin Ken for a week. We haven't been out to a shop yet because Friday & Saturday where Public holidays for all Souls day & all Saints day then of course it was Sunday when all the shops & supermarkets are closed in rural areas. Monday found us buying much needed supplies like wine & Pastis. It's Tuesday today and the sun is shining so I'm going to give Leftie a wash with a jet wash, a sponge & a ladder and no safety net.

No comments:

Post a Comment